Why do we need a Facebook fan page?
1. More than 500 million active users
2. 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
3. Average user has 130 friends
4. People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
5. There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
6. Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
7. Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
8. More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
View more info of Facebook statistics.
With your normal Facebook profile, you will not be able to interact with people who are not your mutual friend.
What are the benefits of having Facebook page?
1. It is one of the most effective ways to market your business on Facebook and bring more traffic to your money site.
2. Facebook pages are public, so with little optimization effort of your Facebook fan page will help Facebook easily pick your page up and show on internal search results based on your target keywords, search engine can also index and show your page on search results.
3. Facebook fan page is another great way to build links between your blog, website, other social networking sites and Facebook fan page.
4. You can track your fan activities, page metrics like page views, photo views, etc.
5. You can add promotions, create discussion, announce special events, etc.
6. People can like your page with no worry about their privacy as you will not be able to see their profiles unless they request to be your friend.
7. You can create and manage as many Facebook fan pages as you like.
How to create Facebook fan page?
Well, it not hard as you thought. Simply follow Brankica to create your first Facebook fan page the simple way here.
How to start getting fan to your Facebook page?
There are many ways to start getting and also increase your Facebook fan base. I am usually start with “Suggest To Friends” (you need to make sure that you are not spamming your friends). However, I have noticed that there are 2 additional ways that many people forget to think about.
1. Add Facebook page to your profile page. Because of the recent changes that Facebook made to user profiles we are no more able to show our Facebook page on profile page (used to be where it is showing our friends) which cause us to lose the opportunity of getting more leads and traffic.
Here is the sample of what many Facebook users have on their profile.
And if you click on that company name, you will get the Facebook default page like this.
Would it better if you can show your Facebook page on your profile like this?
When click it will bring you to your page.
So, how to add your Facebook page to your profile page? Simply follow these following steps:
1. From your Facebook profile page, click on “Edit Profile” button.
2. On the left hand column, select “Education and Work”.
3. On the first raw of “Employer:” enter the name of your page, it will automatically show the list of similar page’s name, pick the one that is yours.
4. Add all information about your work, and click “Add Job”. That’s it, done.
2. Comment on other page as your page, not your personal profile. Here is how it looks.
1. On your profile page, click “Account” drop down, select “Use Facebook as Page”, it will show the pop up of all your pages.
2. Pick the one you want to work with and click “Switch” button. You will then get notification from Facebook that you are now using Facebook as your page.